Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~ George Cooper

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. May this day remind you of all the great things that comes with motherhood and how irreplaceable you are in your children's lives.

My special shout out goes to two mothers in particular...

My own mother who is the best mother in the world. With her unwavering support and unconditional love, I can truly say that I lucked out in the mother category. It was sad to see her off on Mother's Day of all days, which just goes to prove that at five or twenty-five the fact remains: I still want my Mama with me always. All her kids do, apparently.

And my little sister, who is an equally great mother, and for that I will always be proud of her.

You know I so, so love you both. Don't cry when you read this or I'll mock you incessantly. Especially you sistie. :P