As a kid, Wolverine was an X-Men character that I was indifferent towards. That all changed when Hugh Jackman personified him in a series of X-Men movies. With that said, I can say Hugh was really the driving force behind my desire to watch the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine (it is his movie after all), so much so that even when the leaked copy landed on my desktop (quite literally, haha), I resisted watching (which is something considering my extremely low EQ). The second reason I was interested to watch was because of Gambit, who is incidentally my favorite guy X-Men character as a kid.
Thankfully, Wolverine and Gambit did not disappoint. In fact, those two alone made the movie absolutely worthwhile to watch. I could watch Gambit's cards and staff scenes over and over again, and Hugh is Hugh (swoon!). Ryan Reynolds was a nifty bonus, and even if he just had one remarkable scene and a smittering of wisecracks, he is still absolutely worth mentioning. Sabertooth did good as well, even if I'm still trying to reconcile the fact that he and Wolverine really were brothers.
Because the characters were amazing, it was easy to overlook the fact that some movie essentials seem to be amiss. Like logic in the plotline (Wolverine just left the love of his life to die in the woods which was how they were able to pull that off?!) and extremely flimsy explanations (The name Wolverine came from a love story about the moon?! Seriously???!) or non-explanations of things. The special effects weren't that great either. All these never really hit me until I was forced to think about the movie more (i. e., right now). Nonetheless, the movie was pretty darn entertaining if you were willing to check the overcritical hat at the door and just have fun watching Wolverine snarl and bring out the claws.In a nutshell, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the perfect movie to watch when you just wanna unwind and soak up on Vitamin A. *wink, wink*

