Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Sneak Peek at That Midnight Sun

My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun is rising now, in the middle of my midnight. ~ Edward Cullen in Stephenie Meyer's "Midnight Sun"

True to my newly found Twilight craze, I decided to read the partial draft of Midnight Sun, despite the possibility that I would end up feeling bad about not reading it to completion. But I was glad I did. Because Edward's perspective is a thousand times better than Bella's - more interesting, more romantic yet less cheesy. I really wish the complete book is out there for us mere mortals to read, especially specific parts of Twilight that have yet to be written in Edward's perspective - that date at the meadow, the encounter with James and his friends during the baseball game, and the dance during prom when Bella insisted on being turned into a vampire.

It's really sad that the book is still on hold indefinitely. I'm hoping that changes soon. Because it may as well be my next favorite book.