True to my narcoleptic nature, I feel asleep while watching Brad Pitt in his critically acclaimed movie. And that probably means I have no authority to make a movie review because I missed bits and pieces of the film. I must say though that the movie wasn't necessarily bad. I really just expected more from it. And while I understand why the movie had to be long (we're talking about an 80-year lifespan here), the movie was just too long (almost 3 hours), and there were a lot of dragging scenes that it could have done away with.
Furthermore, I will go ahead and say that, with all due respect to Brad Pitt, I don't think he deserves an Oscar for the movie. I don't really know who he's up against, and yet, I really, really don't think he deserves an Oscar. Although I was absolutely amazed by how they were able to successfully make him look really younger in the movie. Hmmmm... I wonder if his trusty wrinkle iron had anything to do with it. Hahaha. I really had to plug that in, eh? ;D
Whatever my complaints are, I do appreciate that at its very core, the movie is a story of universal love, however unconventional the circumstances are. And it is the type of powerful love everyone would want to have. One that knows no distance, no time limit, no end. One that requires genuine sacrifice for what's good for the beloved. Even my momentary drifts while watching the movie did not stop me from catching that.
P. S. I didn't know Benjamin Button's family really made buttons!!! Hahaha.
Furthermore, I will go ahead and say that, with all due respect to Brad Pitt, I don't think he deserves an Oscar for the movie. I don't really know who he's up against, and yet, I really, really don't think he deserves an Oscar. Although I was absolutely amazed by how they were able to successfully make him look really younger in the movie. Hmmmm... I wonder if his trusty wrinkle iron had anything to do with it. Hahaha. I really had to plug that in, eh? ;D
Whatever my complaints are, I do appreciate that at its very core, the movie is a story of universal love, however unconventional the circumstances are. And it is the type of powerful love everyone would want to have. One that knows no distance, no time limit, no end. One that requires genuine sacrifice for what's good for the beloved. Even my momentary drifts while watching the movie did not stop me from catching that.
P. S. I didn't know Benjamin Button's family really made buttons!!! Hahaha.


