Sometimes all I need to be convinced to watch a movie is the title and the lead actress. And when you throw in Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson in a movie entitled Bride Wars, I'm in. I don't remember having watched either of them as brides before, and it seems like it might be a great chick flick.
Interested?
The storyline, as might be gleaned from the title, is about BFFs who ultimately become archenemies because their weddings are set at the exact same place and date. Anne is stunning as usual, and while her beauty is not exactly conventional for most, she is still one of my favorite faces in Hollywood. Unfortunately, while it was nice to see Kate Hudson sport a stronger character than her usual roles, I can't help but think that her fiercened-up look didn't quite suit her. After all, her charm has always been girl-next-door-ish, and so the bangs, dark eyeliner and contacts combination just didn't sit well.

And while I didn't exactly expect an earth-shattering plot, I also can't help but wish the antics the girls pulled were more outrageous. Even the catfight was nothing worth mentioning. The only thing probably worth mentioning is seeing Anne sport that bright orange tan (yes, she's still beautiful). They're grown women for crying out loud! Why did it seem like they can't even give Regina George and Cady Haren a run for their money? It might be bad enough if it were to happen in real life, but nothing great to watch in a movie. One scene worth mentioning though was seeing Anne dance that dance when she crashed Kate's bachelorette party. Atta girl! Who knew she had that talent?
The surprising twist for me was seeing Bryan Greenberg (a.k.a. Jake of OTH). From scene one, I was kinda hoping he'd end up with Anne in the movie, and true enough, he did! Yey!
Sadly though, Bride Wars is nothing but a DVD movie. A DVD movie you watch when you have time to kill and nothing better to do. Oh well, let's just hope the other chick flicks to come are better. Next stop? He's Just Not That into You. This one better not be another star-studded waste.
...Read more

And while I didn't exactly expect an earth-shattering plot, I also can't help but wish the antics the girls pulled were more outrageous. Even the catfight was nothing worth mentioning. The only thing probably worth mentioning is seeing Anne sport that bright orange tan (yes, she's still beautiful). They're grown women for crying out loud! Why did it seem like they can't even give Regina George and Cady Haren a run for their money? It might be bad enough if it were to happen in real life, but nothing great to watch in a movie. One scene worth mentioning though was seeing Anne dance that dance when she crashed Kate's bachelorette party. Atta girl! Who knew she had that talent?
The surprising twist for me was seeing Bryan Greenberg (a.k.a. Jake of OTH). From scene one, I was kinda hoping he'd end up with Anne in the movie, and true enough, he did! Yey!Sadly though, Bride Wars is nothing but a DVD movie. A DVD movie you watch when you have time to kill and nothing better to do. Oh well, let's just hope the other chick flicks to come are better. Next stop? He's Just Not That into You. This one better not be another star-studded waste.

