I've been waiting for CW's spin off of the old Beverly Hills 90210 series entitled 90210 (shock!). The show is now on it's third episode but I've only been able to watch the two-episod
e pilot so far.
I give NINE reasons why the show might be worth watching:
1. Ryan, the English teacher is H-O-T. In a dorky sorta way. If only he shaved. :)
2. The girls are sooo thin they make not want to eat anymore. LOL. Of the girls, I'm liking Adrianna and Silver so far. Adrianna for her potential depth of character, and Silver for her witty sarcasm.
3. Some loose ends got me intrigued.
4. Ethan has the potential to grow on me.
5. Ty Collins is handsome in a surreal, could-he-be-gay-coz-he-seems-too-good-to-be-true sorta way.
6. Naomi's slap was amazing! :) I hope there's many more where that came from. Because sadly, she is still a far cry from Brooke and Blair.
7. Pretty cool remarks and witticisms so far. To quote a few:
"The harder the slap, the faster they get back." - Naomi
"Yeah, his cheating was really an act of love." - Silver
"...that's what blogs are supposed to do. Cause problems." - Silver
"Is that like I'm-just-not-that-into-you "I don't know" or is it more of a I'm-going-to-play-coy-and-make-him-sweat "I don't know"?" - Ryan
8. Shannen Doherty is on the show! I've missed her! Brenda's no Prue, but she'll do. :)
9. It's no Gossip Girl but it's pretty light watching compared to the alternating sickening and creepy sensations that OTH's latest season premiere gave me (I still can't believe OTH is turning out to be such a let down).
However, I see TWO potential problem spots:
1. The drama and humor transitions feel off at times. Like it's trying too hard to be hip.
2. The plot somehow projects a lack of depth that might make it difficult to sustain.
I'm nonetheless watching! :P My ONE request: Harry and Tracy's son better be a scorcher! :D

