Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DQ Tendencies

Soooo... I changed URL. Which is a pretty straightforward thing to do (Blogger to Blogger at least) except:

1. You have to create a new blog with your old URL to inform people that you changed URL. Do this ASAP because if someone else takes hold of your old URL, how else can you do that without brute force? Unless it's your plan all along to disappear off the face of the earth. :)

2. Your links to other blogs disappear when you change so you have to re-link those again. This one took me by surprise.

So there's a little more work to do than simply changing your URL, but it's not exactly brain surgery. Or maybe my blog is too simple (i. e. not much gadgets or tools or widgets or whatever). So please don't blame me if you change your URL and lose more than your blog links. :)

I changed because I have to admit I didn't think too much about what URL to use when I started this blog (and how bothersome the multiple dashes are). Besides, 3 out of 5 people will agree this new URL suits me and my blog better. :P The other two people who disagree either don't know me too well, or have not been reading the junk I've been posting here. :)

But other than the URL change, it's business as usual. :D