Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On My Radar: The Movie Version of "Veronika Decides to Die"

While having my daily dose of sugar, I came across this preview of the movie version of Paolo Coelho's Veronika Decides to Die. Which is right up there as one of my favorite books ever.

I was quite surprised to know about this because last I checked the brilliant Mr. Coelho wasn't too keen on bringing his books to the silver screen. But I'm glad he changed his mind. Because I'm excited to see how this adaptation would turn out to be... I know how there's the great likelihood that the movie goes to debauch the book, but I think it's a good risk to bring Veronika's story out there especially since it's not really one of Mr. Coelho's more popular books. When it should be! In my opinion at least.

I'm excited sure, but I can't help but wish they chose a different actress... I mean, Sarah Michelle Gellar? Why her? Why not Rachel McAdams or Leighton Meister? Oh well, maybe she'll prove me wrong. And I would be happy to be wrong. As long as the movie turns out to give justice to the book. Fingers crossed. Target release date is March 2009. Can't wait!

For the interested, click here.