Awww... The recession has reared its ugly head towards a new victim, and it's something I had not seen coming. The Washington Post reports that Crocs is treading on shaky ground due to dwindling demand, a stock full of unsold goods, mounting debt and no earnings to pay them. I'm sad to hear this, because while I'm personally not a fan nor a wearer, I'm responsible for my family's fondness for them.One fashion blog heaved a sigh of relief on this development. Which is harsh but predictable, since Crocs has had it share of frowns from fashionistas. But they are so undeniably comfortable and convenient that I can't seem to grasp who would fill in their shoes (pun intended!) should doomsday hit.
I'm hoping Crocs can still be saved (ummm, bailout? Ha! Let's go Duerden and George Clooney!), but if that is the way the cookie crumbles for Crocs (boohoo...), I'm sure Manila (among other places) will welcome and flock to distressed sales....
P. S. This got me out of my blogging dry spell? Seriously?!

